The benefits of switching from an on-premises business phone system to the cloud are vast – from cost savings to mobility to scalability to a number of additional features, to reliability, security, and more. But you’ve become so accustomed to using an on-prem system, you may think that dealing with its many limitations is a better choice than having to consider making the move to something “new”…even if it’s better. Well, if you pick the right provider with the right solutions, the transition will be simple, the amount of downtime you will experience will likely be non-existent, and the rewards you will experience once you make the switch will make you wonder why you ever questioned making the move to begin with.
So, take a little bit of time, and identify a few potential cloud communications providers that are experienced in helping businesses make a painless switch from on-prem to the cloud. Here’s how the process should work:
- Consultation: A reliable provider should first conduct a consultation to assess your current phone system and understand your business needs. They’ll recommend a cloud phone system that’s tailored to your requirements, taking into account factors like the number of users and the features you need, like video conferencing, chat, file sharing, and more. Some cloud communication providers will provide free VOIP phones or headsets as part of the package.
- Migration: Once you’ve chosen the plans that work for each of your employees, your provider will work with you to migrate your existing phone numbers and set up the new system… everything from porting phone numbers to configuring the system, ensuring that the transition is seamless.
- Training: The right provider will offer training and support to ensure that your team can use the new system effectively. This includes user guides, training sessions, and ongoing support to help your team get up to speed.
- Go Live: Once everything is set up, it’s time to go live. Your provider will handle the switch-over process, ensuring that you experience minimal downtime and disruption.
- Ongoing Support: After the transition, your provider provides ongoing support to ensure that your new phone system is running smoothly. They offer 24/7 customer support, regular system updates, and troubleshooting assistance to address any issues that arise.
Switching to a cloud-based phone system with the right provider is a cost-effective solution that can help your business operate more efficiently. With their consultation, migration, training, and ongoing support, you can enjoy a smooth transition and a reliable phone system that meets the needs of your business. Just be sure to choose a provider that’s experienced, reliable, and has a proven track record of success with businesses similar to yours.
Intermedia provides over 130,000 businesses with a Worry-Free ExperienceTM and award-winning cloud-based communications solutions, service, and support. We work with you to determine the right solution and hardware for each user, and there are no annual contracts so you can adjust at any time. Learn more about the solutions we offer, and contact us today for a free consultation.
March 18, 2023
Explore other posts on these topics: Unified Communications