Recent studies find that rising inflation, decreasing revenue, and supply chain challenges are top concerns for small business owners. Your phone service shouldn’t be another worry on that pile.
Thankfully, the best VoIP phone systems for small business teams can help you handle those challenges. With a solid provider, you can keep steady communication with suppliers and customers, reducing obstacles to the flow of your supply chain and revenue.
Learn what functions and features make for the best VoIP phone systems for small businesses and how to set up your service.
- VoIP phone systems use the internet to make calls.
- VoIP business lines are more affordable, user-friendly, and flexible than traditional private branch exchanges.
- Your VoIP line can boost efficiency through features like automated attendants, software integrations, and ring groups.
What Are VoIP Phone Systems for Small Business Teams, and How Do They Work?
VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. This technology converts your voice into digital data packets for transfer over the internet.
Consequently, VoIP phone systems for small business organizations use the internet to make phone calls instead of legacy landlines. You can use a VoIP phone to make calls directly through the web simply by plugging the device into an active Ethernet connection.
However, you can do even more with a VoIP service. Even traditional analog phones can connect to the internet with an adapter and make VoIP calls as well.
Additionally, modern smart devices can use a softphone app to function as VoIP phones. Your PC, tablet, or cell phone can easily communicate over your secure business lines!
Because of their online connectivity, VoIP phone systems for your small business open up a range of additional channels and advanced features in the same service. Video conferencing, SMS, web chat, faxing, and email can operate through the same provider, simplifying your communications and billing.
Why Do You Need a VoIP Phone System?
VoIP phone systems for your small business make doing business much easier and help you stay competitive. Consider the many advantages.
A VoIP business line saves you money in a variety of ways. First, international and long-distance calling are much less expensive because you use the internet for calls instead of landlines, saving you from the high fees of the phone companies.
You also don’t have to worry about the expensive installation of equipment to connect your team. You could start your system and make calls within days using devices you already own.
Easy To Use
The web interface you use to manage VoIP phone systems for your small business gives you complete control over your service in a user-friendly format. Your admin dashboard easily lets you adjust your add-ons and view your team’s activity.
If you decide to acquire VoIP phones for your system, these devices are plug-and-play — no technical expertise necessary! For example, the Yealink T57 has a large capacitive touchscreen and built-in Bluetooth to give the user access to all business phone features out of the box.
Online connectivity lets you take your business phone system with you wherever you go. For instance, your mobile devices can connect to your service with a secure app.
If you have remote team members, they’ll use an app or a VoIP phone to connect to your private branch exchange and have their own internal extensions. It’s almost as if they were in the same building as you.
Ready To Grow
When your business grows, you won’t have to expend considerable time and money to expand your business phone service. You can scale the number of lines and features from your administrative portal to instantly meet growing demand.
What Are the Top Features of a VoIP Phone System for Small Businesses?
VoIP phone systems for your small business have a robust suite of features that enable you to take your productivity to the max:
- Auto attendants: Receive calls at all hours with a professional automated answering service that provides a helpful menu for your callers.
- Call transcription: Access a clear record of what conversations occurred over your company’s lines.
- Interaction analytics: Determine your team’s performance and the tenor of conversations with AI-powered analytics.
- Ring groups: Ring the appropriate individuals and departments to ensure customers promptly reach the right person.
- App integrations: Integrate your CRM, ERP, or other business software with your phone system for rapid data collection and retrieval to enhance customer service and efficiency.
These functions are powerful tools in helping your business perform at its peak.
What’s the Difference Between Traditional Business Lines and a VoIP Business Phone System?
VoIP phone systems for your small business are superior to traditional phone lines in so many ways that your choice becomes a no-brainer. For example:
- VoIP systems have unlimited calling, while traditional systems usually charge extra for calls outside your area code or region.
- A VoIP system has high-definition audio, as opposed to analog calls that are standard definition and more susceptible to interference.
- A VoIP business phone plan automatically has call recording, while you need extra equipment to install the feature on analog lines.
- On-premise exchanges require extensive installation, but you can set up your VoIP system in days.
- You can integrate a contact center with your VoIP plan, but you’ll need a separate service and equipment to do so with legacy phones.
In every critical category, VoIP phone systems for small businesses are the best!
Check Out Intermedia’s VoIP Phone Systems for Small Business Teams
Thousands of companies have chosen and continue to choose Intermedia for their VoIP phone systems for their small business teams. Reach out to our experts to learn how you can set up a professional business line as soon as possible.