Cloud best practices, Contact Center, Intermedia news, Intermedia Unite, Mobility, Voice and Unified Communications
How UCaaS and CCaaS Working Together Creates Magic
An increasing number of companies are adopting UCaaS and CCaaS so they can benefit from the advantages these two technologies bring to the table. Greater flexibility, enhanced customer experience (CX), and increased collaboration.
Over the next few years, the market for both of these tools is expected to grow at double-digit rates – the market for unified communications as a service (UCaaS) is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.3 percent from 2021 through 2026, and the market for contact center as a service (CCaaS) is supposed to grow at a CAGR of 16.4 percent from now through 2028.
But it’s when these two platforms work together that the magic really happens. Let’s look at what UCaaS and CCaaS are doing for today’s businesses and what your business stands to gain when you integrate your unified communications and contact center software.
What Is UCaaS and What Are the Business Benefits?
UCaaS is a cloud-based solution that unifies business communication tools under one umbrella. Video, phone, chat, and file sharing all exist on the same application.
The advantage of using unified communications software is that all your data lives in one place. This makes it easier for co-workers to communicate and collaborate.
Because users can seamlessly shift between tools, they can collaborate in real-time, share information on different channels without having to switch platforms, and participate in virtual meetings without worrying about security. Team members can work together no matter where everyone is located, and because all data is centralized, there are fewer errors and miscommunications.
All of these benefits make work more fluid, which can help your company’s bottom line.
- UCaaS enables remote work, which means less reliance on physical office space.
- Because the software lives in the cloud, your business doesn’t have to pay for hardware or software maintenance.
- With multiple communications tools unified into one platform, you can consolidate your business communications costs.
But UCaaS is a tool that enhances internal communications. For customer communications, your business can use contact center software.
What Is CCaaS and What Are the Business Benefits?
CCaaS is cloud-based contact center software. With this technology, your business can provide a complete contact center experience to customers – users can field inbound and outbound calls, provide customer service, and offer a multi-channel experience with features for chat and email communications.
And, as contact center as a service is cloud-based, your agents can work from anywhere. That means there’s no need to pay for a physical contact center, allowing your business to save on office space costs and hire agents from anywhere.
With an industry-leading contact center solution, your agents will have the tools they need to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Smart routing lets you connect customers with the most appropriate agent.
- Call queues ensure your agents are answering customer calls in sequence.
- Multi-channel outreach empowers agents to connect with customers on their preferred channels, whether that’s by phone, chat, or email.
With both UCaaS and CCaaS in your communications technology stack, your business has the tools it needs to ensure seamless communications for employees and customers. That means a better CX, more employee engagement, and more productivity.
But, when you integrate these solutions, you get even more benefits. Let’s take a look.
UCaaS and CCaaS Combined – How Integration Boosts Your Communications Potential Even More
UCaaS and CCaaS can work together to empower users to be even more effective and to let managers gain granular control over communications.
Here are some of the things you can do with your communications solutions when you combine UCaaS and CCaaS.
- With integrated platforms, users can shift between internal communications and customer communications with the touch of a button.
- Presence indicators show other team members who’s available to handle customer calls and who’s on a call, creating greater internal transparency. This lets agents and managers make the most practical decisions regarding customer care.
- Managers can assign users to call queues in real-time, taking employees on and off customer service as needed.
- Agents can communicate with anyone from the organization through call, chat, or video conferencing in between customer calls.
- Communications in UCaaS don’t impact communications in CCaaS, letting agents focus on customer interactions.
- Agents can search contact info, make outbound calls to connect with customers and start meetings, all from one dashboard.
- It’s possible to collaborate with other people in the organization while on a call with customers. This feature is useful when trying to resolve challenges quickly.
- When your organization needs to add new users, they can access both your UCaaS and CCaaS tools – there’s no need to onboard them to two applications.
- With business intelligence, managers can create customizable reports to help visualize communications trends and improve customer interactions.
With the right software, the data integration doesn’t end with unified communications and contact center software. You can also integrate your communications tools with your other business apps, including your CRM system and productivity tools. This high level of integration helps to keep everyone on your team on the same page. As an in-sync organization, your users can work smarter, reduce wasted time trying to communicate or dig for information and work together better.
Unlock the Power of UCaaS and CCaaS with Intermedia
Intermedia Unite and Intermedia Contact Center work together to let your employees get work done with each other and with your customers. And with Intermedia’s worry-free experience, your business can count on simple onboarding and 24/7 support. Try out integrated communications from Intermedia today.